Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coping with Change

As I entered my first year of college, change has been a major deal for me. I recieved a scholarship and joined the Cross Country team and this year hasn't been easy at all. In high school i wasn't to bad at Cross Country I went to state all years and was fortunate enough to recieve first team all league and second team all league all four years also. I was always first or second on my school team, i never had to compete for my spot. I was always a member of the regional and state team; But Butler has changed all that completely.
I went from being first or second on my team to pretty much being dead last. I never had to compete for a spot, i always had it. Now i have no spot at all. This year i don't get to be a part of the regional and national team. In highschool i always had two or three good races every year, but this year i feel like all my races have been horrible. I went from setting personal best times to setting personal worst times. My parents always used to brag about how good i was doing to other people, now they tell me that i pretty much suck and no school after Butler will give me a scholarship. They would be surprised if Butler gives me one for next year. So as you can tell i have experienced change alot for my first year at college and its not the change i would have liked to experience. Hopefully in Indoor Track ill get back to my old ways of running and run alot better then, then i did my first Cross Country season at Butler.

No comments: